Getting Some Help With Media Research Paper Topics
If you are currently enrolled in mass communication graduate/undergraduate program at some prestigious organization you will most likely be asked to submit a research paper about some media issue like all the other science or business students. In such a situation you are most probably, go with analyzing a media issue and reporting on it. The tricky part comes in where you have to decide a topic because unlike others your papers cannot be dry, outdated, and boring. You need to think ahead of time. This is where your innovative thinking kicks in.
Areas you could tap into:
- Pick any one medium: newspaper, radio, TV, cinema, journalism, and advertising etcetera.
- Pick a genre, a period and era. You cannot cover entire radio history in a 25-pager document and then report future trends. You need to set a scope.
- You could write a paper on celebrities, latest recording trends and techniques, or any interesting area you like. As a media student, you need to be able to sell your paper no matter how dry the topic is.
Some possible topic suggestions:
- The impact of TV commercials and print ads on consumer purchases
- The recording techniques in the West
- Governmental rules and policies being imposed on news channels
- Do you think news channels need to censor violence coverage?
- How is media supporting political parties to establish an influence on the public?
- The role of media in cultural diffusion across the globe
- The effect of social media on the behavior of teenagers and young adults
- Are social networking websites violating basic human privacy rights?
- Is media over emphasizing on terrorism related issues?
- Can media be used as a tool to bring social reforms?
- Is radio losing its charm and value because of new innovative media channels?
- The influence of media o young children
- Do children need parental supervision for watching TV these days?
- Should TV channels design exclusive content for toddlers?
- How effective is door-to-door sales promotion technique? Is it sensible to call is marketing by force?
- How is organizational efficiency being impacted by various social networking communication mediums?
- Can businesses miraculously increase their sales revenue through mass advertisements?
- How effective are roadside billboards in promoting FACT products?
- Is modern journalism free from ethical and legal constraints?
- Are reality shows becoming redundant?